What does a Garden Gnome do when she is not gardening, in the kitchen or doing genealogy? Well the answer might just surprise you so read the entries to find out more. This blog focuses on everything we do to make our house a home. There will be a strong emphasis on home energy efficiency and do-it-yourself (DIY) projects. At the same time there will also be crafts, knitting and crocheting projects along with any other little tips we do to create that down to earth, I want to be here home. Please enjoy your visit :)




Monday, May 26, 2008

Kitchen Reno Has Begun

First, my apologies for not having a graphic or photo for you today. I promise I will have some for you tomorrow. Our much awaited for kitchen renovations have begun somewhat out of frustration. We are just back from our vacation in Las Vegas so even though I am tired, I decided to take the bull by the horn. The ceramic tile for the countertops has been sitting in my way since before Christmas. The problem with tearing apart the kitchen is trying to get it back in order for entertaining. Then we had this little cabinet problem and after talking to several people I decided last night to haul out the sander and do it my self! This will be the third time I have refinished kitchen cabinets and each time I swore I would never do it again. But I'm frustrated and want the kitchen done, period. So I spent the afternoon and early evening sanding cabinet doors. Please check tomorrow as I will go into greater detail. At the moment, I'm exhausted and heading to bed.

Garden Gnome
© 2007


0 comments: