What does a Garden Gnome do when she is not gardening, in the kitchen or doing genealogy? Well the answer might just surprise you so read the entries to find out more. This blog focuses on everything we do to make our house a home. There will be a strong emphasis on home energy efficiency and do-it-yourself (DIY) projects. At the same time there will also be crafts, knitting and crocheting projects along with any other little tips we do to create that down to earth, I want to be here home. Please enjoy your visit :)




Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Laundry or Utility Sinks

This is the second permanent residence we have owned that does not have a laundry sink.  Our vacation home doesn't have one either but I don't have any plans for painting there.  Let me tell you, not having a laundry sink is a major pain when you are painting.  I used my laundry sinks for everything but laundry.  They were more in line of a utility sink.  The mess stayed there without messing up the kitchen or bathroom sinks. 

I can't abide a dirty sink which explains why I was up at 2 AM shining my kitchen sinks.  I've been working on painting the kitchen for the past 8 days.  Without a utility sink I had to resort to using my kitchen sinks.  Talk about a nuisance.  I have scrubbed and polished those sinks daily because painting really takes its toll on sinks.  I was doing the same in the main bathroom when I painted it a couple of weeks ago.  The worst part is with my plans to paint all the rooms in the house this winter, those sinks are going to get a lot of scrubbing!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2012


0 comments: