What does a Garden Gnome do when she is not gardening, in the kitchen or doing genealogy? Well the answer might just surprise you so read the entries to find out more. This blog focuses on everything we do to make our house a home. There will be a strong emphasis on home energy efficiency and do-it-yourself (DIY) projects. At the same time there will also be crafts, knitting and crocheting projects along with any other little tips we do to create that down to earth, I want to be here home. Please enjoy your visit :)




Sunday, December 10, 2006




Little did I know when I started blogging a few months ago that so many people would be interested in what I was doing. I started my first blog on Yahoo 360 in April, 2006. The theme of course was gardening. I was new to blogging but knew I already wanted to be able to add more content. Blogger.com impressed me so I started a larger garden blog followed by my cooking blog. I was surprised when both attracted a following of dedicated readers. The emails have been very positive and quite flattering. I decided on creating one more blog dedicated to my journey of finding my ancestors as well as bit of a catch-all for thoughts. At the time it was to be my final blog. However, I've had so many emails asking more about my lifestyle and what I do when I'm not gardening, cooking or doing genealogy research so this blog has come to be. To all my readers who have asked for more information, a heart felt thank-you!

This blog will follow the format of my other blogs in that where ever possible photos will be included. I will focus on the various things I do to make our house a home. So expect to see all kinds of tips most with pictures and methods for everything from decorating, home maintenance, home energy efficiency, crafts or in other words basic homemaking. This is where you will find some of my crafting projects with pictures, patterns and/or instructions. If you are into hand knitting, machine knitting, crochetting, needlepoint, cross stitch, scrapbooking or just about any other type of craft, be sure to watch for some of my projects. Expect to see from time to time a mini review on a product that has really impressed me either good or bad and tips for using certain appliances. Due to the nature of this blog, I'll try to make use of labels for easier searching of entries. I think that best describes my goals for this blog.

I intend to keep the blogs separate for those readers who are interested in only one topic. This makes it easier for me as far as organizing. Again, thank-you to everyone who have expressed an interest in my life and making my blogs a success!

Garden Gnome


graphic by:
Home Sweet Home


2 comments:

AutiMama said...

Hey GG!

Was checking my MANY emails, lol, and was so blessed to see your anouncement of this new blog. I can't wait for you to share all your homey ideas. I loved the candles and the soap on your other blog!!

Looking forward to it all ....

In Christ,
AutiMama [Marisol :o)]

Garden Gnome said...

Hi AutiMama :)

I hope things are going well with you and your family this busy time of year and look forward hearing from you after your break.

Holiday blessings,

Garden Gnome