What does a Garden Gnome do when she is not gardening, in the kitchen or doing genealogy? Well the answer might just surprise you so read the entries to find out more. This blog focuses on everything we do to make our house a home. There will be a strong emphasis on home energy efficiency and do-it-yourself (DIY) projects. At the same time there will also be crafts, knitting and crocheting projects along with any other little tips we do to create that down to earth, I want to be here home. Please enjoy your visit :)




Friday, November 26, 2010

A Bit of an Update on the No-Poo Shampoo Experiment

I recently posted about trying the no-poo shampoo as an experiment.  So far my husband has resisted trying this method mainly because he does not like the smell of apple cider vinegar.  On the other hand I am experiencing rather good results with the no-poo shampoo method.  I have two food grade plastic squirt bottles meant for salad dressings.  I used one for a 1:1 baking soda solution for washing my hair and another for undiluted apple cider vinegar.

Preliminary results:

One of my primary concerns was my scalp and hair would not look or feel clean.  I squirted on the baking soda solution then massaged into my scalp and gently worked through the full length of my hair.  I rinsed with clear water and my hair felt squeaky clean.  Then I squited a generous amount of apple cider vinegar over my scalp and worked it into my hair.  Let me tell you apple cider vinegar getting into your eyes is not pleasant.  That was the only negative other than the towel smelling like apple cider vinegar. 

I towel dried my hair then used the blow dryer and styled as normal without a problem.  My hair was shiny and soft.  I refrained from using my normal anti-frizz serum just to see what would happen.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Instead of problems with frizzing I experienced considerably less frizzing but an increase in fly away hair.  I honestly was surprised at how good my hair look and felt.  I will report back at the end of the experiment.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 comments: