What does a Garden Gnome do when she is not gardening, in the kitchen or doing genealogy? Well the answer might just surprise you so read the entries to find out more. This blog focuses on everything we do to make our house a home. There will be a strong emphasis on home energy efficiency and do-it-yourself (DIY) projects. At the same time there will also be crafts, knitting and crocheting projects along with any other little tips we do to create that down to earth, I want to be here home. Please enjoy your visit :)




Friday, October 29, 2010

Hubby's Slippers


The main living area of our house is below grade.  As a result the floors are cooler so slippers keep our feet warm and toasty.  Pictured are a pair of slippers I recently made for my husband.  This is my favourite slipper pattern.  I make several pairs of these in various sizes each year.  They are great for gift giving.  It has a shaped heel and is knit from the back of the heel to the toe.  The original pattern includes an optional pom pom as well as an optional cuff.  I use neither, leaving the slippers plain for the guys and a crochet bow for the gals.


Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 comments: