What does a Garden Gnome do when she is not gardening, in the kitchen or doing genealogy? Well the answer might just surprise you so read the entries to find out more. This blog focuses on everything we do to make our house a home. There will be a strong emphasis on home energy efficiency and do-it-yourself (DIY) projects. At the same time there will also be crafts, knitting and crocheting projects along with any other little tips we do to create that down to earth, I want to be here home. Please enjoy your visit :)




Saturday, July 17, 2010

We Have Wasps

A few mornings ago I'm sitting at the computer when I hear a loud buzzing noise.  It took me a few minutes to figure out it was coming from the laundry room so I investigated.  In between the window pane and screen there was a wasp making a fair amount of noise.  A couple of days later I heard the noise again so went to check and look what I discovered!




Somehow the window screen has been pushed out at the bottom allowing access for the wasps.  The first step will be to push the screen back in tightly.  Once we are sure there is no further activity we will remove the nest and replace the screen tightly in place.  This method should solve the problem without resorting to any chemical control.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 comments: