What does a Garden Gnome do when she is not gardening, in the kitchen or doing genealogy? Well the answer might just surprise you so read the entries to find out more. This blog focuses on everything we do to make our house a home. There will be a strong emphasis on home energy efficiency and do-it-yourself (DIY) projects. At the same time there will also be crafts, knitting and crocheting projects along with any other little tips we do to create that down to earth, I want to be here home. Please enjoy your visit :)




Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Bit of Progress: Was Going to be Craft Room

Oh my gosh so much has happened since my last update here regarding converting a spare bedroom to a craft room. The same day we painted the ceiling in the soon to be craft room my husband got a phone call that has thrown our lives into a huge but exciting turmoil. As a result of that great purchase (more to come once everything is finalized) we decided to sell our current home privately. If that doesn't work within a couple of weeks we will list our house with a realtor. Essentially what we are doing is taking one house and turning it into two. We have found a house we want and have an accepted conditional offer. So we are now in the process of showing our home which means quickly finishing up the room that was going to be my craft room. Don't worry though as our new house will have the craft room so you will be able to watch that progress as well as a lot more!

painted wallPainted

Paint has to be one of my favourite mediums to work with. There is just so much you can do with it without breaking the bank. Since this room was intended to be a craft room I wanted rather neutral colours that would not cast overtones on my craft projects. I also wanted light colours to make the room seem bigger and brighter. I went with a bright white for the ceiling and a light dove grey for the walls. What a difference the paint makes! I couldn't help but get excited as the improperly faux paint finish was covered up. I can't wait to see what the room looks like with a new floor! Unfortunately we won't get to enjoy the room ourselves but we will happy knowing someone else will enjoy it.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 comments: